Oakland School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Oakland School District serving 413 students in Wixom, Michigan.
- Minority enrollment is 39% of the student body (majority Black and Asian), which is more than the Michigan state average of 32%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 32:1 is more than the state average of 18:1.
Oakland School District (2018-19)
|School District Name||Oakland School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||413|
|# of Teachers||5|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32|
|# of Male Students||234|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||179|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||60|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||12|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||73|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||252|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||11|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||19|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||39|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||37|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||34|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||1|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||125|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Oakland School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 855 school districts in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $220,801 is higher than the state average of $12,427. The school district revenue/student has grown by 30% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $217,905 is higher than the state average of $12,416. The school district spending/student has grown by 30% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|Total Revenue||$332 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$328 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$220,801||$12,427|
|Spending / Student||$217,905||$12,416|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.