Middle School 302 Luisa Dessus Cruz
Middle School 302 Luisa Dessus Cruz places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Middle School 302 Luisa Dessus Cruz's student population of 484 students has declined by 19% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||484 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Middle School 302 Luisa Dessus Cruz's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#3885 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic # 8 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx P.S. 62 Inocensio Casanova Grades: PK-5 | 704 students
660 Fox St
Bronx, NY 10455
(718)585-1617 0.1 PK-5 704
- Bronx Academy Of Public Relations Grades: 6-8 | 253 students
778 Forest Ave
Bronx, NY 10456
(718)665-8866 0.3 6-8 253
- Bronx Banana Kelly High School Grades: 9-12 | 166 students
965 Longwood Ave
Bronx, NY 10459
(718)860-1242 0.3 9-12 166
Nearby Homes for Sale
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.