Middlesboro Middle School
- Grades: 5-8
- Enrollment: 335 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 19%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in KY
- Math Proficiency: 34% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 52% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), KY Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
34% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 46% KY state average), while 52% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 56% KY state average).
How many students attend Middlesboro Middle School?
335 students attend Middlesboro Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
81% of Middlesboro Middle School students are White, 10% of students are Two or more races, 5% of students are Black, 2% of students are Hispanic, 1% of students are American Indian, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Middlesboro Middle School?
Middlesboro Middle School has a student ration of 14:1, which is lower than the Kentucky state average of 15:1.
What grades does Middlesboro Middle School offer ?
Middlesboro Middle School offers enrollment in grades 5-8 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Middlesboro Middle School part of?
Middlesboro Middle School is part of Middlesboro Independent School District.
Review Middlesboro Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities