Millwood Elementary School
Millwood Elementary School serves 760 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Millwood Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in South Carolina for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 64% (which is higher than the South Carolina state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 52% (which is higher than the South Carolina state average of 48%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is higher than the South Carolina state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 55% of the student body (majority Black), which is higher than the South Carolina state average of 49% (majority Black).
Millwood Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in South Carolina for:
Percent Eligible For Free Lunch
Millwood Elementary School's student population of 760 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 46 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Millwood Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,149 schools in South Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Millwood Elementary School is 0.58, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.62. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (SC)
Overall Testing Rank
#315 out of 1149 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, SC Dept. of Education
Review Millwood Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
40% of Teachers Call in Sick in Wisconsin
What happens when nearly half of a state's teachers call in "sick" for school? Learn about the turmoil between legislators and the teachers union in Wisconsin and how the rallies, protests, and fighting will set precedence for other budget-strapped states.
10 Best SAT Prep Methods
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Common Mental Health Problems in School Children and How to Address Them
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.