Minnesota Virtual Academy
Minnesota Virtual Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Minnesota Virtual Academy's student population of 1,515 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 72 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1,515 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||72 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Minnesota Virtual Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,784 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has decreased from 23:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Houston Public School District|
- Our experienced Minnesota-licensed teachers, who are available online and by phone.
- The exceptional, individualized K12 curriculum, which covers core subject areas and beyond. Based on decades of education research, this curriculum packages high-quality lessons with mastery-based assessments that ensure students achieve success at each and every level. Find out more about K12.The online planning and assessment tools, resources, and hands-on materials ranging from textbooks to microscopes, from rocks and dirt to beautifully illustrated classic children's stories, and much more.
- Our supportive school community, which organizes fun and informative monthly activities where MNVA parents, students, and staff share their successes, helpful hints, and more.
- The high-quality, tuition-free public education that enables a learning experience that is individualized for each student.
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Summit Learning Program Grades: 9-12 | 20 students
306 W Elm St
Houston, MN 55943
(507)896-5323 0.0 9-12 20
- Houston Houston Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 225 students
310 S Sherman
Houston, MN 55943
(507)896-5323 0.3 PK-6 225
- Caledonia Caledonia Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 139 students
825 N Warrior Ave
Caledonia, MN 55921
(507)725-3316 8.8 6-8 139