Summit Learning Program
Summit Learning Program places among the top 20% of public schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Summit Learning Program's student population of 15 students has declined by 28% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 2 teachers has declined by 33% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||15 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (15-16)||<50%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Houston Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Minnesota Virtual Academy Grades: K-12 | 1,539 student
306 W Elm St
Houston, MN 55943
(507) 896-5323 0.0 K-12 1,539
- Houston Houston Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 289 students
310 S Sherman
Houston, MN 55943
(507) 896-5323 0.3 PK-6 289
- Caledonia Caledonia Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 148 students
825 N Warrior Ave
Caledonia, MN 55921
(507) 725-3316 8.8 6-8 148
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.