Summit Learning Program
- Summit Learning Program's student population of 20 students has declined by 33% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 3 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Summit Learning Program is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,684 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2012-13 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Houston Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Minnesota Virtual Academy Grades: K-12 | 1515 students
306 W Elm St
Houston, MN 55943
(507)896-5323 0.0 K-12 1515
- Houston Houston Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 225 students
310 S Sherman
Houston, MN 55943
(507)896-5323 0.3 PK-6 225
- Caledonia Caledonia Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 139 students
825 N Warrior Ave
Caledonia, MN 55921
(507)725-3316 8.8 6-8 139
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.