Mission Valley Junior And Senior High School
- Mission Valley Junior And Senior High School's student population of 249 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has grown by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||249 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mission Valley Junior And Senior High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,265 schools in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1151 out of 1265 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mission Valley School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Eskridge Mission Valley Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 209 students
12913 Mission Valley Rd. Ste B
Eskridge, KS 66423
(866) 557-6686 0.0 PK-6 209
- Auburn Auburn Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 423 students
810 N Commercial
Auburn, KS 66402
(785) 339-4400 10.0 PK-6 423
- Burlingame Burlingame Junior/senior High School Grades: 6-12 | 150 students
417 North Dacotah
Burlingame, KS 66413
(785) 654-3315 12.5 6-12 150
- Burlingame Burlingame Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 149 students
323 North Dacotah
Burlingame, KS 66413
(785) 654-3713 12.6 PK-6 149
- Maple Hill Maple Hill Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 64 students
3rd & Pierce
Maple Hill, KS 66507
(785) 256-4223 13.7 K-4 64
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.