Carthage R-ix School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public high schools managed by Carthage R-ix School District serving 1,421 students in Carthage, Missouri.
- Minority enrollment is 37% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Missouri state average of 28%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the state average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Carthage R-ix School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||4,838 students|
|# of Teachers||332 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||2,403 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||2,435 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||37 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||14 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||1,782 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||72 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,776 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||29 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||128 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||169|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||364|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||341|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||368|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||395|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||378|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||358|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||372|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||332|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||340|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||366|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||393|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||353|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||309|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Carthage R-ix School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 552 school districts in Missouri (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 91% has increased from 86% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MO)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,023 in this school district is less than the state average of $9,971. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,439 is less than the state average of $10,157. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MO)|
|Total Revenue||$41 MM||$6 MM|
|Spending||$43 MM||$6 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,023||$9,971|
|Spending / Student||$9,439||$10,157|
Increasing birth rates among immigrant families from Asia and Central and South America, combined with lower birth rates among white families, means that for the first time in history, public school students in the United States are majority-minority. This shift in demographics poses difficulties for schools as they work to accommodate children of varying language abilities and socio-economic backgrounds.