Mmcru Marcus Elementary School
Mmcru Marcus Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Mmcru Marcus Elementary School's student population of 189 students has declined by 25% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 25% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||189 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mmcru Marcus Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,239 schools in Iowa (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#84 out of 1239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥90%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥90%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Marcus-Meriden-Cleghorn Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marcus Mmcru High School Grades: 9-12 | 160 students
400 E Fenton St
Marcus, IA 51035
(712)376-4172 0.1 9-12 160
- Remsen Remsen-union Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 164 students
511 Roosevelt St
Remsen, IA 51050
(712)786-1101 8.3 PK-4 164
- Remsen Remsen-union Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 197 students
Remsen, IA 51050
(712)786-1101 8.3 5-8 197
- Paullina South O'brien Secondary School Grades: 7-12 | 284 students
307 W Groesbeck
Paullina, IA 51046
(712)949-3454 12.4 7-12 284
- Cherokee Cherokee Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 318 students
206 E. Indian Street
Cherokee, IA 51012
(712)225-6750 13.2 5-8 318
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.