Mmcru Marcus Elementary School
Mmcru Marcus Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Mmcru Marcus Elementary School's student population of 189 students has declined by 25% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 25% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||189 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mmcru Marcus Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#18 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Marcus-Meriden-Cleghorn Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marcus Mmcru High School Grades: 9-12 | 165 students
400 E Fenton St
Marcus, IA 51035
(712) 376-4172 0.1 9-12 165
- Remsen Remsen-union Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 142 students
511 Roosevelt St
Remsen, IA 51050
(712) 786-1101 8.3 PK-4 142
- Remsen Remsen-union Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 198 students
Remsen, IA 51050
(712) 786-1101 8.3 5-8 198
- Paullina South O'brien Secondary School Grades: 7-12 | 283 students
307 W Groesbeck
Paullina, IA 51046
(712) 949-3454 12.4 7-12 283
- Cherokee Cherokee Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 329 students
206 E. Indian Street
Cherokee, IA 51012
(712) 225-6750 13.2 5-8 329
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.