Monroe Elementary School serves 328 students in grades Kindergarten-6.
Monroe Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is lower than the California state level of 21:1.
Minority enrollment is 79% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is equal to the California state average of 79% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 328 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 16:1
- Minority Enrollment: 79%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CA
- Math Proficiency: <50% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: <50% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Monroe Elementary School's student population of 328 students has declined by 26% over five school years.
The teacher population of 21 teachers has grown by 23% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Monroe Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Monroe Elementary School is 0.44, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#840 out of 3649 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Monroe Elementary School's ranking?
Monroe Elementary School is ranked #840 out of 3,649 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in California.
What schools are Monroe Elementary School often compared to?
Monroe Elementary Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Santa Barbara Community Academy by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
<50% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while <50% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
How many students attend Monroe Elementary School?
328 students attend Monroe Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
72% of Monroe Elementary School students are Hispanic, 21% of students are White, 5% of students are Two or more races, 1% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Monroe Elementary School?
Monroe Elementary School has a student ration of 16:1, which is lower than the California state average of 21:1.
What grades does Monroe Elementary School offer ?
Monroe Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-6
What school district is Monroe Elementary School part of?
Monroe Elementary School is part of Santa Barbara Unified School District.
Review Monroe Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Foreign Language Study Abroad
We've put together this resource guide to help students, adults and professionals get the information they require to choose a good destination to study language abroad.
Cops and Children: Why Police Officers are Stationed at Elementary Schools
Learn about the growing trend of stationing police officers at elementary schools and the benefits of establishing a legal environment on campus at a young age.
Unlock the power of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) in this comprehensive guide. Discover how IEPs support students with diverse needs, including behavioral challenges. This article is a must-read for parents navigating the education system and aspiring teachers seeking to make a positive impact.