Monroe Intermediate School
Monroe Intermediate School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Monroe Intermediate School's student population of 71 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has declined by 28% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Monroe Intermediate School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#744 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||11-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Monroe County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pine Hill F S Ervin Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 271 students
500 Leroy Randolph Rd
Pine Hill, AL 36769
(334)963-4702 15.1 PK-6 271
- Thomasville Thomasville Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 363 students
781 Gates Dr
Thomasville, AL 36784
(334)636-4928 17.0 5-8 363
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.