Monte Vista On-line Academy
Monte Vista On-line Academy serves 123 students in grades 4-12.
Monte Vista On-line Academy placed in the top 30% of all schools in Colorado for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 35%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is ≥50% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 41:1 is higher than the Colorado state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 32% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Colorado state average of 47% (majority Hispanic).
Monte Vista On-line Academy ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
Monte Vista On-line Academy's student population of 123 students has grown by 14% over five school years.
The teacher population of 3 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
State Accredited Program
Flexible Class Schedule
Classes for Credit/Part Time Options
Dedicated College Counselor
Community Clubs/Activities Offered
Monte Vista On-line Academy is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,783 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Monte Vista On-line Academy is 0.46, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.60. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (CO)
Overall Testing Rank
#484 out of 1783 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, CO Dept. of Education
Review Monte Vista On-line Academy. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
27 Parenting Tips for School Success
From managing homework to avoiding helicopter parenting, this article provides 27 insightful tips for parents to help their children succeed academically.
Safety First: School Bus Safety Week Focuses on Keeping Students Safe on the Road
Learn about what schools have planned for school bus safety week, as well as problems school bus drivers commonly face while transporting students to and from school.
Chicagoans Asked to Pay More Taxes to Support Local Schools
Learn about the recent decision by Mayor Emanuel to raise property taxes to provide additional funding for local schools – and the controversy surrounding his decision.