Mossy Oaks Elementary School
- Mossy Oaks Elementary School's student population of 419 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||419 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mossy Oaks Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (SC)|
|Overall School Rank||#494 out of 1,130 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Beaufort 01 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Beaufort Beaufort Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 494 students
2501 Mossy Oaks Boulevard
Beaufort, SC 29902
(843)322-5700 0.0 6-8 494
- Beaufort Islands Academy Grades: 6-12 | 52 students
2900 Mink Point Boulevard
Beaufort, SC 29902
(843)322-0733 1.4 6-12 52
- Beaufort Beaufort High School Grades: 9-12 | 1342 students
84 Sea Island Parkway
Beaufort, SC 29907
(843)322-2000 2.1 9-12 1342
- Beaufort Riverview Charter School Grades: K-8 | 608 students
81 Savannah Highway
Beaufort, SC 29906
(843)379-0133 2.1 K-8 608
I have my third child going through this school. It is a phenomenal school with great teachers. The administration and staff have been consistent for many many years. They have a super strong reading program here and offer many incentives to do well. The PTO is strong as well and offer a variety of activities throughout the year to include: Evening Art Showcase, Family Fun Nights, Family Brain Activity nights, Book Fairs, Back to School Luau, and Fall/Spring Fling to name a few. I absolutely adore this school and it's quaint neighborhood feel.
- Posted by Parent - mbusk
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.