Port Royal Elementary School
Port Royal Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in South Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Port Royal Elementary School's student population of 188 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||188 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Port Royal Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,142 schools in South Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (SC)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#629 out of 1142 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Beaufort 01 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Beaufort Beaufort Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 492 students
2501 Mossy Oaks Boulevard
Beaufort, SC 29902
(843)322-5700 1.6 6-8 492
- Beaufort Lowcountry Montessori School Grades: PK-12 | 351 students
749 Broad River Drive
Beaufort, SC 29906
(843)322-0577 2.3 PK-12 351
- Beaufort Islands Academy Grades: 6-12 | 54 students
2900 Mink Point Boulevard
Beaufort, SC 29902
(843)322-0733 2.5 6-12 54
- Beaufort Beaufort High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,356 student
84 Sea Island Parkway
Beaufort, SC 29907
(843)322-2000 3.2 9-12 1,356
I know you all are doing a great work here. Stopped by last year and talked to a couple teachers on the playground and told them that I had attended your school during the 1955-56 school year. Was in S.C. For a USMC reunion. They told me welcome back. It was very emotional for me. Great memories.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - swgat
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.