Mount Ida High School
Mount Ida High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Arkansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Mount Ida High School's student population of 222 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||222 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mount Ida High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,008 schools in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AR)|
|Overall School Rank||#763 out of 1008 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mount Ida School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mount Ida Mount Ida Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 244 students
430 Ball Park Rd
Mount Ida, AR 71957
(870)867-4596 1.1 K-6 244
- Norman Caddo Hills Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 333 students
2268 Hwy 8 E
Norman, AR 71960
(870)356-3331 8.4 PK-6 333
- Norman Caddo Hills High School Grades: 7-12 | 265 students
2268 Hwy 8 E
Norman, AR 71960
(870)356-3857 8.4 7-12 265
- Oden Oden Schools Grades: K-12 | 174 students
135 School Dr
Oden, AR 71961
(870)326-4311 9.4 K-12 174
- Kirby Kirby Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 192 students
2614 Hwy 27 N
Kirby, AR 71950
(501)398-4213 21.3 PK-6 192
This school strives to encourage students to do better than their best. It prepares the students for college. I highly reccommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - a_nic
Mount Ida High School is very stong in the academic department. All students rate very well on end of level testing. A lot of classes are offered to suit the needs of a child to graduate. All awards are chosen fairly. The facilities are very up to date and working. The parents are very involved with everything the students are doing.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kayla
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.