Mount Olive Intermediate School
- Mount Olive Intermediate School's student population of 365 students has declined by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 18% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-5|
|Total Students||365 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mount Olive Intermediate School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,263 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#650 out of 1263 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Russell County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbus Key Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 373 students
2520 Broadmoor Dr
Columbus, GA 31903
(706)683-8797 5.1 K-5 373
- Phenix City Ridgecrest Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 765 students
1806 8th Pl So
Phenix City, AL 36869
(334)298-3004 5.1 PK-5 765
- Columbus Eddy Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 453 students
2100 S Lumpkin Rd
Columbus, GA 31903
(706)683-8782 5.4 6-8 453
This school needs alot of improvement. We are a military family and my kids have been to a school in TN and KY. Compare to the schools they have attented, Mt. Olive is by far inferior. They had to cancel the open house and was re- scheduled after school had started. Many parents who were waiting in line on the first day of school complained about the cancellation. Another complaint is that my children's old school called me because nobody had requested their official form from Mt. Olive and it has already been a week since school started. This form was needed to verify if he was in the Gifted and Talented program. It's already December and one of my son is till not going to the Gifted and Talented class. Their reasoning is that they haven't scored them yet. Another complaint is that my kids said that everyone in class is loud all the time. They are not used to this. The teachers in other states kept them quite so they can learn. Here I don't think they care. At least the majority. Also, my son said only about 10 kids received honor rolls in his grade compare to more than 50% of the students in the other 2 states. That would be about 50 students. All i can say is that Mt Olive needs alot of improvement.
- Posted by Parent - Tetch
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.