Mountain View Elementary School
Mountain View Elementary School serves 321 students in grades Kindergarten-6.
Mountain View Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 75% (which is higher than the California state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 75% (which is higher than the California state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is lower than the California state level of 23:1.
Minority enrollment is 34% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 77% (majority Hispanic).
Mountain View Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Mountain View Elementary School's student population of 321 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Mountain View Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 9,659 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Mountain View Elementary School is 0.52, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#762 out of 9659 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, CA Dept. of Education
Review Mountain View Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Foreign Language Study Abroad
We've put together this resource guide to help students, adults and professionals get the information they require to choose a good destination to study language abroad.
Public School Nurses: A Necessary Rx?
School nurses are becoming a staple of the past, as more and more budgets are cutting nurses from their payroll. What does this mean for students and your child?
Signs of Sex Abuse at School: What Parents Should Know
Nearly 10% of students will encounter sexual misconduct at school. Make sure you know how to protect your child and recognize the signs of potential sex abuse.