Mt. Gleason Middle School
Top Placements (California)
Mt. Gleason Middle School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Mt. Gleason Middle School's student population of 878 students has declined by 22% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||878 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mt. Gleason Middle School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has decreased from 30:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Mt. Gleason Middle School is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tujunga Verdugo Hills Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1418 students
10625 Plainview Ave.
Tujunga, CA 91042
(818)951-5400 0.5 9-12 1418
- Tujunga Mt. Lukens Continuation High School Grades: 9-12 | 62 students
7705 Summitrose St.
Tujunga, CA 91042
(818)352-4039 0.6 9-12 62
- Sunland Apperson Street Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 418 students
10233 Woodward Ave.
Sunland, CA 91040
(818)353-5544 1.0 K-5 418
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.