Mt. Gleason Middle School
- Mt. Gleason Middle School's student population of 768 students has declined by 21% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||768 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mt. Gleason Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#5179 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tujunga Verdugo Hills Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,283 student
10625 Plainview Ave.
Tujunga, CA 91042
(818) 951-5400 0.5 9-12 1,283
- Tujunga Mt. Lukens Continuation Grades: 9-12 | 54 students
7705 Summitrose St.
Tujunga, CA 91042
(818) 352-4039 0.6 9-12 54
- Sunland Apperson Street Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 439 students
10233 Woodward Ave.
Sunland, CA 91040
(818) 353-5544 1.0 K-5 439
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.