Mt Spokane High School
- The student population of 1472 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 73 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,472 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||73 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has stayed the same over five years.
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.30 is less than the state average of 0.62. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Mead School District's student population of 9,733 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The district's graduation rate of 94% has decreased from 98% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $9,961 in this district is less than the state average of $11,994. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,245 is less than the state average of $10,499. The district spending/student has declined by 5% over four years.
|School District Name||Mead School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||9,733||923|
|District Total Revenue||$94 MM||$12 MM|
|District Spending||$88 MM||$11 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,961||$11,994|
|District Spending / Student||$9,245||$10,499|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ColbertMountainside Middle SchoolGrades: 7-8 | 695 students
4717 E Day Mt. Spokane Rd
Colbert, WA 99005
- ColbertColbert Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-6 | 508 students
4625 E Greenbluff Rd
Colbert, WA 99005
- MeadMeadow Ridge Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-6 | 582 students
15601 N Freya St
Mead, WA 99021
- MeadMead PreschoolGrades: PK | 41 students
2323 E Farwell Road
Mead, WA 99021
- SpokaneFarwell Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-6 | 616 students
13005 N Crestline
Spokane, WA 99208
Great scjool full of helpful teachers plenty of physical activities and great parent teacher communication my student had d's and f's mr morris his science teacher motivated him to learn and now gets b's and c's.
- Posted by Parent - rftuy
Good school but the Science teachers are not very good and there are only a couple good Math teachers.
- Posted by Parent - letit
Coming into the public school arena after 9 years of private school, I was worried about what to expect for my son when he started at Mt Spokane High School. Any fears I may have had were quickly set to rest. The academic programs they have are wonderful, allowing a wide range of classes for the differing needs of their students. My son has learned much in his classes, and was able to find classes that were a good fit for his style of learning. The staff has proven to be caring and involved. The sports program has been good, and I hear from others this is the same for music and art. As far as concern of staff in scary situations like the other poster claimed, my experience has been the opposite. I have witnessed first hand the handling of problem students at the school, and I can tell you that the staff does not take these situations lightly, and work hard within their abilities to make sure that problem students are not allowed to stay in the school. While I am sorry for the experiences that the previous posted listed, I would hate to think that anyone would think that is the norm at Mt Spokane High School. I believe Mt Spokane to be an excellent school. If I did not, I would still be enrolling my son in a private school.
- Posted by Parent - schmi
Going to Mt. Spokane were the worst 4 years of my life. I was harrassed so much by my ex-boyfriend that I got a restraining order and moved to a different school and they still did nothing. I hope no one ever has to go through what I went through. Really think about sending your children here- I would not recommend them to ANYONE!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - alyb0