Murray Elementary School
Murray Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Murray Elementary School's student population of 160 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 21% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Murray Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#270 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Murray Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Murray Elementary School is Murray Jr/sr High School (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Murray Murray Jr/sr High School Grades: 6-12 | 168 students
Murray, IA 50174
(641) 447-2517 0.0 6-12 168
- Osceola Clarke Middle School School Grades: 7-8 | 213 students
800 N Jackson St
Osceola, IA 50213
(641) 342-4221 9.6 7-8 213
- Osceola Clarke Community Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 807 students
420 E Jefferson St
Osceola, IA 50213
(641) 342-6320 10.1 PK-6 807
- Afton East Union Middle-high School Grades: 6-12 | 257 students
1916 High School Dr
Afton, IA 50830
(641) 347-8421 11.7 6-12 257
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.