Clarke Community Elementary School
Clarke Community Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Clarke Community Elementary School's student population of 807 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 66 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||807 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Clarke Community Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#907 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Clarke Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Osceola Clarke Middle School School Grades: 7-8 | 213 students
800 N Jackson St
Osceola, IA 50213
(641) 342-4221 0.7 7-8 213
- Murray Murray Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 160 students
Murray, IA 50174
(641) 447-2517 10.1 PK-5 160
- Murray Murray Jr/sr High School Grades: 6-12 | 168 students
Murray, IA 50174
(641) 447-2517 10.1 6-12 168
- Truro Interstate 35 Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 396 students
445 East North Street
Truro, IA 50257
(641) 765-4901 12.9 PK-5 396
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.