Nathan Hale Elementary School
Nathan Hale Elementary School serves 440 students in grades Kindergarten-6.
Nathan Hale Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Illinois for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 63% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 33%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 59% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 38%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is lower than the Illinois state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 42% of the student body (majority Asian and Hispanic), which is lower than the Illinois state average of 52% (majority Hispanic).
Nathan Hale Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Nathan Hale Elementary School's student population of 440 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 38 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Nathan Hale Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,655 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Nathan Hale Elementary School is 0.60, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (IL)
Overall Testing Rank
#260 out of 3655 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, IL Dept. of Education
Review Nathan Hale Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Missing Children: Why Public Schools Need to Improve Security Policies
Learn about the case of Kyle Horman, a child who went missing while on campus, and how this tragedy is prompting public schools to reevaluate their security measures.
Paupers and Princes: Economic Inequality at Public Schools
The economic divide between our nation's public school students is growing wider and deeper. Learn about a new federal report that reveals the growing ranks of poverty-stricken public schools.
Can You Afford a Stellar Public School Education?
Dissect "America's Best Schools for Your Housing Buck" and learn about the top ranked public schools in America in cities where the median home price is as low as $200,000.