Esmeralda County School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public preschools in Esmeralda County School District, serving 67 students.
- Public preschools in Esmeralda County School District have an average math proficiency score of 32% (versus the Nevada public pre school average of 41%), and reading proficiency score of 39% (versus the 47% statewide average). This district's average pre school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public pre schools in Nevada.
- Minority enrollment is 49% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Nevada public preschool average of 70% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is equal to the Nevada public preschool average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Esmeralda County School District|
|School District Phone Number||(775) 485-6382|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 08|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NV)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||375 Schools|
|# of Students||67 Students||210,132 Students|
|# of Teachers||4 Teachers||12,004 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||17:1|
- Esmeralda County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 17 school districts in Nevada (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NV)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 Students||1,577 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||9,573 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||27 Students||94,195 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||23,914 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||34 Students||63,851 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||2,883 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||14,139 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||8||8,901|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||6||31,060|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||7||32,253|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||8||32,148|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||6||32,724|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||10||34,287|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||9||33,566|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||2||4,168|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||9||268|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||2||259|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||113|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||89|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||112|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||114|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||70|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $32,910 is higher than the state average of $15,568. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $33,224 is higher than the state average of $14,350. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NV)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$32,910||$15,568|
|Spending / Student||$33,224||$14,350|
Esmeralda County School District Public Preschools (2020-21)
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.