New Explorers High School
New Explorers High School places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- New Explorers High School's student population of 408 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||408 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- New Explorers High School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#872 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic # 7 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Careers In Sports High School Grades: 9-12 | 553 students
730 Concourse Village W
Bronx, NY 10451
(718)292-7110 0.0 9-12 553
- Bronx Mott Haven Village Prep High School Grades: 9-12 | 386 students
701 St Anns Ave
Bronx, NY 10455
(718)402-0571 0.0 9-12 386
- Bronx Crotona Academy High School Grades: 9-12 | 128 students
1211 Southern Blvd
Bronx, NY 10459
(718)402-8378 0.1 9-12 128
- Bronx P.S. 157 Grove Hill Grades: PK-5 | 646 students
757 Cauldwell Ave
Bronx, NY 10456
(718)292-5255 0.1 PK-5 646
- Bronx Junior High School 162 Lola Rodriguez De Tio Grades: 6-8 | 380 students
600 St Anns Ave
Bronx, NY 10455
(718)292-0880 0.2 6-8 380
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.