Harrison Central School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 6 public schools managed by Harrison Central School District serving 3,587 students in Harrison, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 33% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Harrison Central School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Harrison Harrison Avenue Elementary School480 Harrison Ave
Harrison, NY 10528
Grades: K-5 | 545 students
- Harrison Parsons Memorial School200 Halstead Ave
Harrison, NY 10528
Grades: K-6 | 475 students
- Purchase Purchase School2995 Purchase St
Purchase, NY 10577
Grades: K-5 | 322 students
- West Harrison Samuel J Preston School50 Taylor Ave
West Harrison, NY 10604
Grades: K-5 | 324 students
|School District Name||Harrison Central School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||3,587 students|
|# of Teachers||289 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||1,761 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,826 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||434 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||636 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||57 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,406 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||49 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||281|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||250|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||273|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||293|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||270|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||291|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||254|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||287|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||286|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||243|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||278|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||275|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||282|
|# of Ungraded Students:||24|
- Harrison Central School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 771 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 98% has increased from 90% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $28,346 in this school district is less than the state average of $31,520. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $27,823 is less than the state average of $32,967. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|Total Revenue||$100 MM||$29 MM|
|Spending||$98 MM||$30 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$28,346||$31,520|
|Spending / Student||$27,823||$32,967|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.