Wainscott Common School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school in Wainscott Common School District, serving 29 students.
- Public school in Wainscott Common School District have an average math proficiency score of 50% (versus the New York public school average of 54%), and reading proficiency score of 50% (versus the 54% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in New York.
- Minority enrollment is 66% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the New York public school average of 57% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 29:1 is more than the New York public school average of 13:1.
|School District Name||Wainscott Common School District|
|School District Website||http://www.wainscottschool.org|
|School District Phone Number||(631)537-1080|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 03|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|# of Schools||1 School||4,796 Schools|
|# of Students||29 Students||2,697,340 Students|
|# of Teachers||1 Teacher||204,832 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||13:1|
- Wainscott Common School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 786 school districts in New York (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥50%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||18,915 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||250,784 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||16 Students||726,968 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||462,099 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||10 Students||1,167,330 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||6,859 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3 Students||64,385 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||51,929|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||7||192,603|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||8||196,765|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||4||197,986|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||10||200,330|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||201,696|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||202,891|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||199,155|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||197,065|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||198,053|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||218,199|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||211,573|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||194,547|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||193,423|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||41,125|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $184,067 is higher than the state average of $32,776. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $177,733 is higher than the state average of $34,144. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$29 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$30 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$184,067||$32,776|
|Spending / Student||$177,733||$34,144|
Wainscott Common School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Wainscott School 47 Main St
Wainscott, NY 11975
Grades: K-3 | 29 students
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.