Wainscott Common School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Wainscott Common School District serving 22 students in Wainscott, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 73% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Wainscott Common School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Wainscott Wainscott School47 Main St
Wainscott, NY 11975
Grades: K-3 | 22 students
|School District Name||Wainscott Common School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||22|
|# of Teachers||2|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11|
|# of Male Students||6|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||16|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||13|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||6|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||5|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Wainscott Common School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 824 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2009-2010 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (09-10)||≥50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (09-10)||≥50%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $184,067 is higher than the state average of $31,939. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $177,733 is higher than the state average of $33,406. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$29 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$30 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$184,067||$31,939|
|Spending / Student||$177,733||$33,406|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.