Newmark Elementary School
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 372 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 23:1
- Minority Enrollment: 96%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 27% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 42% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
27% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 42% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Newmark Elementary School?
372 students attend Newmark Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
79% of Newmark Elementary School students are Hispanic, 15% of students are Black, 4% of students are White, and 2% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Newmark Elementary School?
Newmark Elementary School has a student ration of 23:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Newmark Elementary School offer ?
Newmark Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-6
Review Newmark Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities