Cardinal Charter School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school in Cardinal Charter School District, serving 976 students.
- Public school in Cardinal Charter School District have an average math proficiency score of 62% (versus the North Carolina public school average of 42%), and reading proficiency score of 64% (versus the 47% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina.
- Minority enrollment is 54% of the student body (majority Black and Asian), which is more than the North Carolina public school average of 52% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is more than the North Carolina public school average of 16:1.
|School District Name||Cardinal Charter School District|
|School District Website||http://www.cardinalcharter.org|
|School District Phone Number||(919)653-5000|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 08|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NC)|
|# of Schools||1 School||2,691 Schools|
|# of Students||976 Students||1,553,334 Students|
|# of Teachers||51 Teachers||99,422 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||16:1|
- Cardinal Charter School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 289 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 Students||20,234 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||136 Students||51,717 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||82 Students||271,377 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||136 Students||393,741 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||451 Students||749,630 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||33 Students||2,149 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||134 Students||66,132 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||18,734|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||110||115,168|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||109||115,683|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||113||117,119|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||110||121,308|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||110||122,953|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||97||123,129|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||116||120,029|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||108||117,179|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||103||110,307|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||130,053|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||120,963|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||114,911|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||105,294|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||504|
Cardinal Charter School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Cardinal Charter Academy 1020 St. Charles Place
Cary, NC 27513
Grades: K-8 | 976 students
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.