NC Connections Academy School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school managed by NC Connections Academy School District serving 1,748 students in Durham, North Carolina.
- Minority enrollment is 42% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the North Carolina state average of 51%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 31:1 is more than the state average of 16:1.
NC Connections Academy School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Durham Nc Connections Academy 2700 Meridian Parkway, Suite 3
Durham, NC 27713
Grades: K-10 | 1748 students
|School District Name||NC Connections Academy School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,748 students|
|# of Teachers||56 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1|
|# of Male Students||662 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,086 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||19 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||36 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||202 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||233 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,014 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||242 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||59|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||70|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||94|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||96|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||109|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||140|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||189|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||215|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||286|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||275|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||215|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- NC Connections Academy School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 272 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.