North East Carolina Preparatory School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by North East Carolina Preparatory School District serving 1,069 students in Tarboro, North Carolina.
- Minority enrollment is 52% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the North Carolina state average of 50%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
North East Carolina Preparatory School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Tarboro North East Carolina Prep 274 Husky Trail
Tarboro, NC 27886
Grades: K-11 | 1069 students
|School District Name||North East Carolina Preparatory School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||1,069|
|# of Teachers||72|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15|
|# of Male Students||560|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||509|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||7|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||89|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||442|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||515|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||14|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||62|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||94|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||98|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||83|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||78|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||104|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||112|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||129|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||68|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||77|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||79|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- North East Carolina Preparatory School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 272 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $17,412 is higher than the state average of $8,969. The school district revenue/student has grown by 133% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $18,246 is higher than the state average of $8,766. The school district spending/student has grown by 133% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NC)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$8 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$8 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$17,412||$8,969|
|Spending / Student||$18,246||$8,766|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.