White Shield 85 School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public schools in White Shield 85 School District, serving 138 students. White Shield 85 School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in North Dakota.
- Public schools in White Shield 85 School District have an average math proficiency score of 17% (versus the North Dakota public school average of 44%), and reading proficiency score of 22% (versus the 46% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 1/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public schools in North Dakota.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is more than the North Dakota public school average of 26% (majority American Indian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is less than the North Dakota public school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||White Shield 85 School District|
|School District Website||http://www.white-shield.k12.nd.us/|
|School District Phone Number||(701) 743-4350|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ND)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||543 Schools|
|# of Students||138 Students||116,329 Students|
|# of Teachers||24 Teachers||9,286 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||12:1|
- White Shield 85 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 171 school districts in North Dakota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (ND)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#169 out of 173 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||133 Students||14,093 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||1,768 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||2 Students||5,527 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||5,513 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||n/a||86,393 Students|
|% White Students||n/a|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||306 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 Students||2,729 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||2,775|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||11||9,759|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||8||9,123|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||11||9,108|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||10||9,271|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||15||9,196|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||8||9,149|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||11||8,967|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||6||8,696|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||8||8,610|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||11||8,449|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||16||7,957|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||13||7,736|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||10||7,533|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,848 in this school district is less than the state median of $16,063. The school district revenue/student has declined by 20% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,601 is less than the state median of $16,135. The school district spending/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (ND)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,848||$16,063|
|Revenue / Student||$14,601||$16,135|
White Shield 85 School District Public Schools (2020-21)
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.