North Kossuth Elementary School
North Kossuth Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- North Kossuth Elementary School's student population of 156 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2017)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||156 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- North Kossuth Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#141 out of 1,252 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||North Kossuth Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Armstrong North Union High School Grades: 9-12 | 196 students
600 4th Ave
Armstrong, IA 50514
(712)868-3542 8.5 9-12 196
- Granada Granada Huntley East Chain Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 118 students
300 Reynolds St.
Granada, MN 56039
(507)447-2211 11.0 PK-6 118
- Fenton North Union Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 184 students
308 310th Street
Fenton, IA 50539
(515)889-2261 13.4 PK-5 184
- Buffalo Center North Iowa Elementary Buffalo Center Grades: PK-4 | 249 students
111 3rd Ave Nw
Buffalo Center, IA 50424
(641)562-2525 18.3 PK-4 249
- Fairmont Fairmont Jr./sr. High School Grades: 7-12 | 796 students
900 Johnson St
Fairmont, MN 56031
(507)238-4411 18.9 7-12 796
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.