Oak Forest Elementary School
Oak Forest Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Oak Forest Elementary School's student population of 400 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||400 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Oak Forest Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 840 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Overall School Rank||#582 out of 840 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jackson Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jackson Marshall Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 433 students
2909 Oak Forest Drive
Jackson, MS 39212
(601)371-4342 0.7 PK-5 433
- Jackson Forest Hill High School Grades: 9-12 | 1190 students
2607 Raymond Road
Jackson, MS 39212
(601)371-4313 1.7 9-12 1190
- Jackson Wilkins Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 519 students
1970 Castle Hill Drive
Jackson, MS 39204
(601)371-4306 1.7 PK-5 519
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.