Oak Forest Elementary School
Top Placements (Mississippi)
Oak Forest Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 1%)
- Oak Forest Elementary School's student population of 400 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||400 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Oak Forest Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 840 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- The school district of Oak Forest Elementary School is Jackson Public School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 146 school districts in Mississippi (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Jackson Public School District's student population of 28,019 students has decreased by 5% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,246 in this district is less than the state average of $10,065. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $11,506 is higher than the state average of $10,094. The district spending/student has grown by 30% over four school years.
|School District Name||Jackson Public School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||28,019||2,008|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$275 MM||$20 MM|
|District Spending||$342 MM||$20 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,246||$10,065|
|District Spending / Student||$11,506||$10,094|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jackson Marshall Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 433 students
2909 Oak Forest Drive
Jackson, MS 39212
(601)371-4342 0.7 PK-5 433
- Jackson Forest Hill High School Grades: 9-12 | 1190 students
2607 Raymond Road
Jackson, MS 39212
(601)371-4313 1.7 9-12 1190
- Jackson Wilkins Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 519 students
1970 Castle Hill Drive
Jackson, MS 39204
(601)371-4306 1.7 PK-5 519
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.