Oak Forest Elementary School
Oak Forest Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Oak Forest Elementary School's student population of 377 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||377 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Oak Forest Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 825 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#635 out of 825 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jackson Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jackson Marshall Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 406 students
2909 Oak Forest Drive
Jackson, MS 39212
(601) 371-4342 0.7 PK-5 406
- Jackson Forest Hill High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,063 student
2607 Raymond Road
Jackson, MS 39212
(601) 371-4313 1.7 9-12 1,063
- Jackson Wilkins Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 461 students
1970 Castle Hill Drive
Jackson, MS 39204
(601) 371-4306 1.7 PK-5 461
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?