Oak Mountain High School
Oak Mountain High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Oak Mountain High School's student population of 1,572 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 89 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2011)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,572 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||89 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Oak Mountain High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,263 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#223 out of 1263 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Shelby County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Oak Mountain Intermediate School Grades: 4-5 | 711 students
5486 Caldwell Mill Rd
Birmingham, AL 35242
(205)682-5220 0.3 4-5 711
- Birmingham Berry Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1179 students
4500 Jaguar Dr
Birmingham, AL 35242
(205)439-2000 1.8 6-8 1179
- Chelsea Chelsea High School Grades: 9-12 | 1235 students
10510 Highway 11
Chelsea, AL 35043
(205)682-7200 3.6 9-12 1235
- Birmingham Rocky Ridge Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 565 students
2876 Old Rocky Ridge Rd
Birmingham, AL 35243
(205)439-2900 3.6 K-5 565
This school is wonderful all around. It has a wide variety of programs such as offering a variety of AP classes, a strong sports program, and a strong music and drama program. It has wonderful facilities and is located in a great community with strong parental involvement.
- Posted by Parent - mthom
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.