- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 1,579 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 40%
- Graduation Rate: 97% (Top 5% in AL)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20%
- Math Proficiency: 51% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 54% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AL Dept. of Education
Spain Park High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Spain Park High School is a school located in Hoover, Alabama and resides in the Hoover City School district.
- Year of Creation: Spain Park High School opened in the Fall of 2001.
- Structure: Spain Park consists of 2 buildings. It also contains a 500 seat auditorium, two gymnasiums, two baseball fields, two softball fields, two football fields, six tennis courts, a separate soccer stadium, and an 8,000-seat football stadium.
- Academics: The academics at Spain Park are very diverse and have an excellent reputation.
- Sports: Spain Park offers a variety of sports including but not limited to football, track and field, soccer, tennis, wrestling, golf, and basketball.
- Extracurricular Activities: Spain Park offers many extracurricular activities such as band, fine arts (performing arts, visual arts, culinary etc.), physical education courses, and various academic programs.
- Spain Park High School's football team was featured on MTV's television program "Two a Days" as one of the opposing football teams to Hoover High School's football team. The show has had mixed reviews and many think it has enhanced its already "redneck jock" image.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Spain Park High School's ranking?
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
What is the graduation rate of Spain Park High School?
How many students attend Spain Park High School?
What is the racial composition of the student body?
What is the student:teacher ratio of Spain Park High School?
What grades does Spain Park High School offer ?
What school district is Spain Park High School part of?
Review Spain Park High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities