West Jefferson Elementary School
- West Jefferson Elementary School's student population of 128 students has declined by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 25% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2013)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West Jefferson Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#192 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||18:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Graysville Brookville Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 218 students
4275 Brookville School Rd
Graysville, AL 35073
(205)379-2700 6.7 K-5 218
- Dora Dora High School Grades: 9-12 | 499 students
330 Glenn C Gant Cir.
Dora, AL 35062
(205)648-6863 7.1 9-12 499
- Adamsville Adamsville Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 310 students
4600 Hazelwood Road
Adamsville, AL 35005
(205)379-2400 7.7 K-5 310
- Sumiton Sumiton Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 652 students
71 1st Street North
Sumiton, AL 35148
(205)648-5656 7.8 PK-4 652
A faculty and staff that takes care of our children!
- Posted by Parent - Proud parent
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.