Buckeye Valley Local School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 public schools in Buckeye Valley Local School District, serving 2,215 students.
- Public school in Buckeye Valley Local School District have an average math proficiency score of 73% (versus the Ohio public school average of 63%), and reading proficiency score of 74% (versus the 62% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 30% of public schools in Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Ohio public school average of 30% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is more than the Ohio public school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Buckeye Valley Local School District|
|School District Website||http://www.buckeyevalley.k12.oh.us/|
|School District Phone Number||(740)369-8735|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||3,600 Schools|
|# of Students||2,215 Students||1,702,321 Students|
|# of Teachers||110 Teachers||94,957 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
- Buckeye Valley Local School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 904 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||2,101 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||28 Students||40,791 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||54 Students||97,208 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||14 Students||282,313 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,037 Students||1,190,519 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||1,400 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||81 Students||87,863 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||68||37,404|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||163||122,925|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||127||123,083|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||154||123,814|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||150||131,176|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||141||128,085|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||154||130,789|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||163||129,812|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||180||128,307|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||177||130,455|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||210||141,022|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||196||133,403|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||160||120,595|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||172||121,451|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,075 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,577. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,073 is higher than the state average of $11,659. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$27 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$27 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,075||$12,577|
|Spending / Student||$12,073||$11,659|
Buckeye Valley Local School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Buckeye Valley East Elementary School 522 E High St
Ashley, OH 43003
Grades: PK-4 | 353 students
- Buckeye Valley Local High School 901 Coover Rd
Delaware, OH 43015
Grades: 9-12 | 738 students
- Buckeye Valley Local Middle School 683 Coover Rd
Delaware, OH 43015
Grades: 5-8 | 674 students
- Buckeye Valley West Elementary School 61 N 3rd St
Ostrander, OH 43061
Grades: PK-4 | 450 students
Budget cuts continue to cripple school districts across the country, forcing some schools to make major cuts creatively. Learn about the current situation and how some public schools are coping with the budget shortfalls.
Since the recession, public school classrooms have seen major budget cuts - and many increases in class sizes. How is the situation in 2011? Read this article to find out.
As the ranks of homeschooled students grow, more parents are advocating for these students to join public school sports teams. Learn about both sides of the raging debate that has sparked controversy in several states.