River Valley Local School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by River Valley Local School District serving 1,971 students in Marion, Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the Ohio state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is more than the state average of 18:1.
River Valley Local School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Marion Heritage Elementary School720 Columbus Sandusky Rd S
Marion, OH 43302
Grades: PK-5 | 494 students
- Caledonia Liberty Elementary School1932 Whetstone River Rd N
Caledonia, OH 43314
Grades: PK-5 | 403 students
- Caledonia River Valley High School4280 Marion Mount Gilead Rd
Caledonia, OH 43314
Grades: 9-12 | 564 students
|School District Name||River Valley Local School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,971 students|
|# of Teachers||94 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
|# of Male Students||965 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,006 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||24 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||34 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||34 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,783 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||91 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||16|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||136|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||116|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||143|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||167|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||152|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||167|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||160|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||173|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||177|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||163|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||145|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||132|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||124|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- River Valley Local School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 842 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,763 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,447. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,315 is less than the state average of $11,715. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$19 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$18 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,763||$12,447|
|Spending / Student||$9,315||$11,715|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.