West Preparatory Academy School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school in West Preparatory Academy School District, serving 233 students.
- Public school in West Preparatory Academy School District have an average math proficiency score of 17% (versus the Ohio public school average of 63%), and reading proficiency score of 27% (versus the 62% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 74% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Ohio public school average of 30% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is more than the Ohio public school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||West Preparatory Academy School District|
|School District Website||http://www.westacademy.org/|
|School District Phone Number||(216)772-1340|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 08|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|# of Schools||1 School||3,600 Schools|
|# of Students||233 Students||1,702,321 Students|
|# of Teachers||12 Teachers||94,957 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||18:1|
- West Preparatory Academy School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 904 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||2,101 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||40,791 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||51 Students||97,208 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||96 Students||282,313 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||60 Students||1,190,519 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||1,400 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||25 Students||87,863 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||37,404|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||36||122,925|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||26||123,083|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||28||123,814|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||27||131,176|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||27||128,085|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||24||130,789|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||24||129,812|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||16||128,307|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||25||130,455|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||141,022|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||133,403|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||120,595|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||121,451|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,951 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,577. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,450 is less than the state average of $11,659. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,951||$12,577|
|Spending / Student||$9,450||$11,659|
West Preparatory Academy School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- West Preparatory Academy 13111 Crossburn Ave
Cleveland, OH 44135
Grades: K-8 | 233 students
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.