Alex School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 top public schools in Alex School District, serving 331 students.
- Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body (majority American Indian) , which is less than the Oklahoma public school average of 51% (majority Hispanic and American Indian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is equal to the Oklahoma public school average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Alex School District|
|School District Website||http://www.alex.k12.ok.us/|
|School District Phone Number||(405)785-2605|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OK)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||1,804 Schools|
|# of Students||331 Students||697,583 Students|
|# of Teachers||20 Teachers||41,178 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||17:1|
- Alex School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 542 school districts in Oklahoma (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 50% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||27 Students||98,078 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||13,908 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||6 Students||117,336 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3 Students||61,153 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||275 Students||343,878 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||2,357 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||19 Students||60,873 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||18||41,413|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||27||52,410|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||28||54,157|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||22||53,298|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||22||53,945|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||15||52,394|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||20||50,270|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||19||48,143|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||29||49,826|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||29||49,645|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||35||51,717|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||23||49,275|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||19||46,391|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||25||42,967|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||1,732|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,749 is higher than the state average of $8,236. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,603 is higher than the state average of $8,831. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OK)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,749||$8,236|
|Spending / Student||$9,603||$8,831|
Alex School District Public Schools (2020)
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.