Olentangy Orange Middle School serves 1,069 students in grades 6-8.
Olentangy Orange Middle School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Ohio for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 78% (which is higher than the Ohio state average of 50%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 79% (which is higher than the Ohio state average of 57%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is higher than the Ohio state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 44% of the student body (majority Asian), which is higher than the Ohio state average of 32% (majority Black and Hispanic).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 1,069 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 20:1
- Minority Enrollment: 44%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in OH
- Math Proficiency: 78% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 79% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), OH Dept. of Education
Olentangy Orange Middle School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Olentangy Orange Middle School's student population of 1,069 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 54 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Olentangy Orange Middle School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,137 schools in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Olentangy Orange Middle School is 0.63, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.51. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (OH)
Overall Testing Rank
#299 out of 3137 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), OH Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Olentangy Orange Middle School's ranking?
Olentangy Orange Middle School is ranked #299 out of 3,137 schools, which ranks it among the top 10% of public schools in Ohio.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
78% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 50% OH state average), while 79% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 57% OH state average).
How many students attend Olentangy Orange Middle School?
1,069 students attend Olentangy Orange Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
56% of Olentangy Orange Middle School students are White, 21% of students are Asian, 10% of students are Black, 6% of students are Hispanic, 6% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Olentangy Orange Middle School?
Olentangy Orange Middle School has a student ration of 20:1, which is higher than the Ohio state average of 17:1.
What grades does Olentangy Orange Middle School offer ?
Olentangy Orange Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
What school district is Olentangy Orange Middle School part of?
Olentangy Orange Middle School is part of Olentangy Local School District.
This is my school and its amazing! We have so many clubs you can join like Drama club, robotics club, WEB in 8th grade, American United nations, student council, and many more! We have one of the top 5 student councils in the state. I am a 8th grade student at Orange Middle School and I Love it! We have amazing staff and students! I wouldn't go to any other school! ~Emily Davis-8th grade student/student council secretary/football cheerleader/basketball cheerleader
Review Olentangy Orange Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
A Story of Overcoming Common Reading Difficulties
Follow the story of Sarah, a fictional character who overcame common reading difficulties with the help of the three cueing system. This blog post explores the advantages and disadvantages of the three cueing system and provides strategies for implementing it effectively.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
Standardized tests have a long history in American K-12 education. We examine what standardized tests evaluate and more.