Orwell Village School
- Orwell Village School's student population of 119 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||119 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Orwell Village School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VT)|
|Overall School Rank||#53 out of 289 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Orwell School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brandon Sudbury Country School Grades: K-6 | 37 students
31 Schoolhouse Road
Brandon, VT 05733
(802)623-7771 5.7 K-6 37
- Putnam Station Putnam Central School Grades: PK-6 | 17 students
126 County Rt 2
Putnam Station, NY 12861
(518)547-8266 6.1 PK-6 17
- Shoreham Shoreham Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 97 students
130 School Road
Shoreham, VT 05770
(802)897-7181 6.1 PK-6 97
- Whiting Whiting Village School Grades: PK-6 | 40 students
87 South Main Street
Whiting, VT 05778
(802)623-7991 6.1 PK-6 40
- Fair Haven Benson Village School Grades: PK-8 | 87 students
32 School Street
Fair Haven, VT 05743
(802)537-2491 6.7 PK-8 87
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.