- Ovando School's student population of 6 students has declined by 60% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 2 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||6 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ovando School is ranked within the top 20% of all 563 schools in Montana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 3:1 has decreased from 7:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MT)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Ovando Elem School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Helmville Helmville School Grades: PK-8 | 15 students
201 Schoolhouse Rd
Helmville, MT 59843
(406)793-5656 13.3 PK-8 15
- Seeley Lake Seeley Lake Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 130 students
200 School Lane
Seeley Lake, MT 59868
(406)677-2265 19.7 PK-6 130
- Lincoln Lincoln Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 64 students
808 Main Street
Lincoln, MT 59639
(406)362-4201 21.9 PK-6 64
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.