P.S. 19 Judith K Weiss
- P.S. 19 Judith K Weiss's student population of 517 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||517 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- P.S. 19 Judith K Weiss's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2300 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||NEW YORK CITY GEOGRAPHIC DISTRICT #11 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Yonkers Yonkers Montessori Academy Grades: PK-12 | 1419 students
160 Woodlawn Ave
Yonkers, NY 10704
(914)376-8540 0.6 PK-12 1419
- Bronx Matilda Avenue School Grades: K-5 | 73 students
4520 Matilda Ave
Bronx, NY 10470
(718)325-4360 0.7 K-5 73
- Bronx P.S. 21 Philip H Sheridan Grades: K-5 | 673 students
715 E 225th St
Bronx, NY 10466
(718)652-3903 0.9 K-5 673
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.