- P.S. 256's student population of 432 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 112 teachers has grown by 19% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||432 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||112 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- P.S. 256's student:teacher ratio of 4:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Nyc Special s - 75 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Syosset Village Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 381 students
90 Convent Rd
Syosset, NY 11791
(516)364-5817 0.2 K-5 381
- Syosset Berry Hill Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 384 students
181 Cold Spring Rd
Syosset, NY 11791
(516)364-5790 0.9 K-5 384
- Woodbury Walt Whitman Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 264 students
482 Woodbury Rd
Woodbury, NY 11797
(516)364-5823 1.2 K-5 264
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.