P.S. 257 John F Hylan
- School Type: Magnet School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 516 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 98%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in NY
- Math Proficiency: 52% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 55% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NY Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
52% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 54% NY state average), while 55% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 52% NY state average).
How many students attend P.S. 257 John F Hylan?
516 students attend P.S. 257 John F Hylan.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
73% of P.S. 257 John F Hylan students are Hispanic, 23% of students are Black, 2% of students are White, 1% of students are American Indian, and 1% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of P.S. 257 John F Hylan?
P.S. 257 John F Hylan has a student ration of 12:1, which is equal to the New York state average of 12:1.
What grades does P.S. 257 John F Hylan offer ?
P.S. 257 John F Hylan offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is P.S. 257 John F Hylan part of?
P.S. 257 John F Hylan is part of New York City Geographic District #14 School District.
Review P.S. 257 John F Hylan. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities