P.S. 282 Park Slope
P.S. 282 Park Slope places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- P.S. 282 Park Slope's student population of 810 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||810 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- P.S. 282 Park Slope's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2593 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic #13 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to P.S. 282 Park Slope is P.S. 77 (0.2 miles away)
- The nearest middle school, elementary school is Middle School 266 Park Place Community Middle School (0.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Middle School 266 Park Place Community Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 164 students
31 New York Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11216
(718)857-2291 0.2 6-8 164
- Brooklyn P.S. 77 Grades: K-12 | 278 students
2424 Batchelder St
Brooklyn, NY 11235
(718)769-1039 0.2 K-12 278
- Brooklyn Georgia O'keeffe Elementary School Grades: 6-8 | 362 students
227 Sterling Place
Brooklyn, NY 11238
(718)857-5516 0.4 6-8 362
- Brooklyn I.S. 340 Grades: 6-8 | 249 students
227 Sterling Pl
Brooklyn, NY 11238
(718)857-5516 0.4 6-8 249
My child is currently in the Pre-K program at 282 and will be attending for K in the Fall. We have had an amazing experience at this school. The PTO is incredible, so welcoming and involved. I love that this school really embraces the community and feels inclusive and diverse. We also love the after school offerings. Tiny Scientists has been amazing!
- Posted by Parent - Brooklyn_Mom
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.