Palmetto Academy Of Learning And Success Charter
- Palmetto Academy Of Learning And Success Charter's student population of 323 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||323 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Palmetto Academy Of Learning And Success Charter's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (SC)|
|Overall School Rank||#196 out of 1,130 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Horry 01 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Myrtle Beach Lakewood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 1076 students
1675 Highway 396
Myrtle Beach, SC 29575
(843)650-6768 1.0 PK-5 1076
- Myrtle Beach Coastal Leadership Academy Grades: 9-12 | 130 students
3710 Palmetto Pointe Boulevard
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
(843)294-9337 1.9 9-12 130
- Myrtle Beach Socastee High School Grades: 9-12 | 1721 students
4900 Socastee Boulevard
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
(843)293-2513 3.9 9-12 1721
I was very excited when my child was able to attend PALS after being placed on a waiting list. However, my excitiement was soon replaced with disappointment and frustration. I will honestly say that I would not recommend that school to even my worst enemy. I have never experienced such negativie and unprofessional conduct by many of the staff and the administration. My child's teacher did not even have a degree in education. Needless to say, I withdrew my child from PAlS before the end of the school year.
- Posted by Parent - Joysc
Nearby Homes for Sale
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.