Parkmead Elementary School
Parkmead Elementary School serves 464 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Parkmead Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 74% (which is higher than the California state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 73% (which is higher than the California state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is equal to the California state level of 23:1.
Minority enrollment is 37% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the California state average of 77% (majority Hispanic).
Parkmead Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Parkmead Elementary School's student population of 464 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Parkmead Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 9,659 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Parkmead Elementary School is 0.57, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#854 out of 9659 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, CA Dept. of Education
Review Parkmead Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Price of a School Lunch on the Rise Nationwide
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
The Difficult Line between Social Media and Public Schools
A number of cases have recently been introduced nationwide regarding the use of Facebook and public school staff and students. We’ll take a look at the latest situations and ask once again where the line between public school and social media should be drawn.
Longer School Days Coming to Chicago
Learn about Mayor Emanuel’s decision to lengthen what are now the shortest school days in the country – and its pros and cons.